In most cases, we cannot give any information about you to anyone without your permission. This includes your partner, whānau, or friends.
We will only share your information if you have given us permission to do so using the Request for Health Information form.
There are special times when health information may be given to other people. These include:
- If we get written instructions as part of a legal inquiry
- If you develop cervical cancer, we are required to tell the Government agency which keeps track of cancer numbers
- For us to check the quality of our services to make sure our clients have had the best possible care
- When the Ministry of Health monitors the use of publicly-funded services and medications
- Research that could help many other people.