Sexually Transmissible Infections 2024
For NZ registered nurses, midwives and doctors. This self-directed three-hour course covers the prevalence, signs and symptoms of sexually transmissible infections.$165
This course covers:
- Prevalence of STIs and vaginal infections
- Clinical features, incubation period, method of diagnosis and treatment for STIs and vaginal infections
- Understanding the components of sexual history taking
- The sexual health consultation through scenarios
- The promotion of safer sex practices
This three-hour course is wholly self-directed and must be completed online within 60 days from date of enrolment.
Organisations wishing to register several staff on this online course or wanting to schedule a workshop locally, should contact [email protected]
Course fee: $165
Te Whatu Ora funding may apply - see below for criteria.
- Full New Zealand Nursing, Midwifery or Medical Registration
- Current Practicing Certificate
- Current Indemnity Insurance
For a Te Whatu Ora funded place on this course, you must meet at least one of the following criteria. The highest priority for funding starts at 1:
- Māori nurses/doctors working for Māori providers
- Non-Māori nurses/doctors working for Māori providers
- Pacific nurses/doctors working for Pacific providers
- Non-Pacific nurses/doctors working for Pacific providers
- Māori nurses/doctors working for health service providers
Community/rural/urban nurses/doctors (including Practice Nurses, Well Child Tamariki Ora Nurses)
Te Whatu Ora employed health professionals are excluded from the funding criteria.
NOTE: Family Planning training courses are delivered from our Learning Management System which is accessed via the Family Planning website. This online training is browser based and will work on most standard browsers: Chrome, Edge, Firefox (Internet Explorer is no longer supported). Popups must be enabled to view all content on the online courses. For technical assistance or support accessing this course, please contact [email protected].
For general course information, please read the Terms and Conditions of courses and Code of Practice
The STI Online activity has been endorsed by The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP) and has been approved for up to 3 CME credits for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes.
Other related coursesView all courses
For NZ registered nurses, midwives and doctors. This self-directed six-hour course provides more in-depth information ...
For NZ registered nurses, midwives and doctors. This self-directed three-hour course covers the prevalence, signs and ...
For NZ registered nurses. This self-directed three-hour course meets Nursing Council of New Zealand requirements for ...
For NZ registered nurses. This self-directed two-hour course is for NZ registered nurses renewing Nursing Council ...