Sexual Wellbeing Aotearoa will provide a full refund of course fees when:
- Sexual Wellbeing Aotearoa (the Provider) is no longer delivering or capable of delivering the course for which students are enrolled
- Any regulatory closure of the Provider
- Insolvency of the Provider
- The Provider ceases to operate, or
- NZQA withdraws the Provider’s accreditation to provide a programme
- NZQA withdraws the Provider’s training scheme approval, or
- The Provider does not provide for its obligations as specified within the Codes of Practice for the Pastoral Care on international and domestic students.
Course cancellation by Sexual Wellbeing Aotearoa
Sexual Wellbeing Aotearoa reserves the right to cancel or reschedule courses if numbers are insufficient or for any other reason, at its discretion. If a course cannot be re-scheduled or a student is unable to attend a re-scheduled course, a full refund of the course fee will be made.
In the event of a cancellation, the learner agrees that, apart from a full refund of any fees paid, Sexual Wellbeing Aotearoa is not liable to the learner for any other costs incurred by the learner, in relation to the cancelled course.
Non-attendance is not sufficient grounds for a refund.
Withdrawal or cancellation by student
For all fee paying courses:
- A refund of 75% of the total course fee will be made for cancellations received in writing, ten working days or more before the first day of the course.
- A refund of 50% of the total course fee will be made for cancellations received in writing, between five and ten working days before the first day of the course
- If notice of cancellation or withdrawal occurs less than five days before the first day of the course or the student does not attend, no refund of course fees is available unless in exceptional circumstances
- A refund is not available for on-line courses as access to the course is enabled on payment of the fee.
Applications for a refund of fees must be made in writing to [email protected] and include appropriate evidence of the exceptional circumstances.
Te Whatu Ora-funded courses – cancellation or withdrawal less than 72 hours before the course starts will incur an administration fee of $100 payable by the student. The student or their sponsor will be invoiced in full for the course cost for non-attendance with no notification.
If you have been granted a funded spot on our Certificate in Contraception and Sexual Health course and you decide to withdraw/cancel from the course, you may be invoiced for the full costs of the two pre-requisite online courses if these have been completed.
Failure to pay for a course or non-attendance with no prior notification may result in the student declined entry to future courses.